Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

4.7.04

the banana republic

a confession: of sorts.

I have come to a decision. I am a Banana Republic shopper. I have appreciated the urban chic style of this clothier for many years, but stuck with my cheaper grunge throw back type style, wich was more easily supplied at Target and the clearance rack at AE.

Well, I'm moving forward. There is much to dislike about BR, but I find more than enough to like exceptionally. Some of the styles do wander to the wrong side of metrosexual, but many are very comfortable, clean, and fun. I tend to very much dislike "dressing up", but if I fill my wardrobe with BR stuff, I won't have much to worry about, because it's all comfortable, and all quite presentable in most settings.

I'm rambling...

Ok, so GAP (BR and Old Navy's [I don't much like ON] parent company) has gotten in a good bit of trouble regarding sweatshops, but so has Target (the supplier of a major portion of my current wardrobe), and Wal-Mart is the worst. But, here's what's cool. GAP recently signed an agreement with UNITE (a textiles, etc.. workers' union) in which they promised to begin taking an active role in making sure workers are treated fairly in the factories they buy from. No results of this agreement are yet available, but it's a good first step. I'll have to make my voice heard to the BR/GAP folks to help make sure they do their deal.

Anyway, I like their clothes. And I found a BR outlet in Mississippi where the prices are great.
cool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads