Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

11.1.05

professional athelete

I had my first ever real conversation with pro athelete last week. I met my mother-in-law's cousin, Jay Bell (of Pittsburg Pirates, and Arizona D-backs fame). He's actually retired now, but I think he's currently working with the Diamondbacks organization as some kind of coach, in his second year of retirement.

Anyway, I only report on it, because the guy was genuinely nice to talk to. Actually, I did something I've never done in a conversation before; I asked about his kids. Weird, eh? It flowed in the conversation, though. It was in no way random or prying.

I'm a bit of an anti-celebrity guy, so I don't make much of meeting people in the public eye. I found it somewhat refreshing to talk to this guy, and see how humble and real he is. There's more to what I'm trying to say, but it's totally eluding me.

To summarize: I enjoyed meeting Jay Bell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads