Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

13.7.04

Saying “I Love You”

Why do I reject the political rhetoric/culture war of right-wing, conservative Fundamentalist and Evangelical Christians?

I reject this because I want to tell hurting individuals caught in the trap sin, “I love you.” I want to say this with actions and with words, and be believed. Once a person believes that you love and respect them, reciprocal love and respect is often earned. Then, and only then, will words of truth and morality be heard and taken to heart. Otherwise, those words are viewed as attack, and the reaction is similar to that of a cornered animal; it’s the flight or fight instinct.

The rhetorician has already destroyed trust with offensive words, fighting words. He can say, “I love you,” but he is not believed because of fear and anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads