Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

9.8.04

daily Rumi

Rumi said:

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make any sense.


This put some interesting thoughts in my head. What was the sin of Adam and Eve in Genesis? They ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil; the fruit of distinction. Is the field Rumi refers to Eden? As I've indicated below, before reading this poem, the existence of nothing but God would be the nonexistence of space, thus everything would be full. Could God be undifferentiated, and the fall of humanity was the illusion of distinction?

If I take the Bible to be true, which I must to consider Adam and Eve at all, I cannot answer that question in the affirmative, but I do wonder if there is some kind of truth to it. Don't ask me how it could be partially true while distinction/judgment is still virtue, I cannot explain that. However, Jesus and Paul both spoke of decreasing distinction in behavior when balanced with increased knowledge and recognition of the one true reality: God.

This is a post of conjecture. Some may find it interesting, others may find it useless. I find it mildly entertaining, and the thought processes before it were kinda fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads