Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

8.8.04

U2

Does it annoy anyone if I type without caps?
I really like the freedom I fell when I pitch some of the constraints of written English, but I won't do it if it's going to make a bunch of people crazy. Any comments?

Anyway, this post is random, but for one point.
I really dig U2, and I listed them in my favorite music section in my profile here at blogspot. For some freaky reason, my profile will not display those two simple characters. It makes me wonder if there's some strange copyright deal U2's got going on.
Well, It's a Beautiful Day, but I'm not going to the Discotheque.

Rumi of the Day

When I see your face, the stones start spinning!
You appear; all studying wanders.
I lose my place.

Water turns pearly.
Fire dies down and doesn't destroy.

In your presence I don't want what I thought
Iwanted, those three little hanging lamps.

Inside your face the ancient manuscripts
seem like rusty mirrors.

You breath; new shapes appear,
and the music of a desire as widespread
as Spring begins to move
like a great wagon.
Drive slowly.
Some of us walking alongside
are lame!


I love the first stanza. I only wish it were more true in my life. I sometimes get so lost in study, I fail to notice the beauty of Love's moment.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess we can't all find lyrics to express how we feel. Actually this is probably a fasle statement, cuase I think there is a song out there for anythign you say.
    ANYTHING

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I get the feeling Zariel & Ezra think I wrote that poem. I just need to clarify that that's a poem written 7 centuries ago by Rumi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads