Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

9.9.04

on the topic of cynicism

from my journal 30.8.04

My issue = cynicism

Cynicism is an enemy of sincerity, it rejects sincerity and wars against it. Sincerity requires faith and faithfulness. Cynicism has faith in nothing, and is faithful to nothing, not even itself.

A ripe cynic doubts the sincerity of his own cynicism and destroys all beauty. An inquisitive heart seeks beauty--this is the truly open mind. Cynics live only to cast doubt and destroy faith. Cynics aren't doubters, but work to develop an atmosphere that fosters unbelief and pessimism. A cynic sees no solutions, looking only for problems.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger 8rent said…

    So would that qualify me as a cynic or as a misunderstood idealist? Hmmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads