Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

3.10.04

words and readings

Books I read/finished in Septemeber (more on these later this week)

<>Epic John Eldredge
The Essential Rumi Rumi/Coleman Barks
Reimagining Spiritual Formation Doug Pagitt

Some Words I wrote last week:

I want to read the sky,
as if there might be words there;
etched in a silent hue above,

beneath an ocean of stars,
a single wave.

A single wave or a stroke of some pen,
it might be true
it might shine inside/against the blue,

or in the twilight, a sign,
an open book to teach the Sun.

The moon waves good-bye
but never speaks-
"Where are the words?"

As if there might be words there.
I want to read the sky.

---and, indulge my words, one more time---

Drawn into a world of cycles,
undulating in and under--
me--I am awash with circles,
spinning under, always under.

But I see or perceive or wish into being
a Rock that becomes or Was, yes Was, and Is
more real than me--above and free;
a forward motion unforgettable.

This is learning and formation--
a million billion years under pressure,
but still spinning, spinning, spinning--
No, it must be forward, I can see that way.

I can see the motion,
I can believe a quickening rhythm,
and a consummation.
God makes love to the world.

A Son dies and rises, the cycle
is undone--no more pedals,
no more power. No spinning.
The downward spiral is cliche and over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads