Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

10.11.04

poem today

This is not silence.
In the stillness of infinity
I am still speaking my mind.

My thougts pierce the comforting blanket of peace,
and I analyze this tranquility to shreads;
my mind is so slow to shut up.

Wholeness versus individuality;
my ego is bigger than me.
I can destroy the universe with a word.

Peace offends me.
I am absent without leave,
I have forgotten everything with impeccable timing.

Awe. I should worship,
I should take off the dirty sandals of my intellect,
for this is holy ground.

I should be filled with infinity, if only for a moment,
and give up my game:
words against the void of space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads