Matt Tries to Write a Novel

I am attempting to write a novel. Here I'll post the story as it comes, as well as some of my thoughts regarding the experience. Enjoy the ride, and offer feedback, please.

8.10.04

some thoughts

I was commenting on another blog, and ended up typing this. I want to share it.

I am convinced that following Jesus is more about living a life of active love and spontaneous compassion than it is about anything less miraculous. It's in the midst of this complete revolution of the entire world system that the Spirit shows up does the fireworks (visible miracle-type things) to celebrate the advance of God's Kingdom in our hearts and in the world.
Of course, this isn't a box, by any means. Spirit is Sovereign, and acts outside of my pre and subscriptions. However, I find this way of living to be the most sure way of finding God in the midst of the ever pressing apathy and despair of our world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads